We use CAS authentication for JIRA.  Our only problem so far with JIRA 7 is
the server-to-server communications.  We get the
*__MSG_gadget.favourite.filters.title__* gadget titles.  I believe it's
because the server self-connections are supposed to bypass authentication
and CAS isn't allowing it, but I haven't diagnosed it that far yet (we just
started testing the upgrade this week).

If you still need any help getting CAS started on JIRA 7, let me know and
i'll be happy to post our config changes.

--
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas