I think it would need some work to become official. I'd like to make
sure we're covering similar use cases and are doing it the right way.

Feel free to create an issue on the project page and we can discuss it further:

https://github.com/Jasig/mod_auth_cas

--
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas