Actually, when I did that, it did not work.  This appears to be a bug that
has been fixed in CAS 5.2.0 RC2 as mentioned at
https://apereo.github.io/2017/08/04/520rc2-release/#minors.

"Service registry initialization from JSON is now able to honor service
definitions found at the path specified via settings, rather than only