Well, my project allows me to use RC version, so I know that

5.2.0-RCx have a lot of improvement, and one of them is allow customization
of naming in a lot of places (like pac4j items, different authentication
handler, and more), so I can't think of a good solution to implement those
changes into 5.1.x.

Maybe you might tries copy the part of 5.2.0-RC and overlay them in the
project?

-Andy