On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 2:26:02 AM UTC+6, SebastianU wrote:

> [...]
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:588)
> ... 37 more
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
> creating bean with name 'shibboleth.ParserPool' defined in class path
> resource [org/apereo/cas/config/CoreSamlConfiguration.class]: Bean
> instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate
> [net.shibboleth.utilities.java.support.xml.BasicParserPool]: Factory method
> 'parserPool' threw exception; nested exception is
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.SecurityManager from [Module
> "deployment.cas.war:main" from Service Module Loader]
>

> Do I need some special configuration I missed so far?

Had the same issue today on CAS 5.2.0
To resolve I did:
1. Include following dependency to pom.xml of cas server overlay:

<dependency>
    <groupId>xerces</groupId>
    <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
    <version>2.11.0</version>

</dependency>
2. Add this property to cas.properties configuration:
cas.samlCore.securityManager=org.apache.xerces.util.SecurityManager

Hope that will save time for people having the same trouble.