Man,

Just providing clarification on this other issue that I hadn’t gotten back to
you on.  I think the issue in this specific email is an issue with duo.com
<http://duo.com/>, while the other issue in this thread is an issue with CAS.

In order for CAS to be able to use Duo you must obtain an integration key,
shared secret and api host from Duo.  You do this by logging in to duo.com
<http://duo.com/> as an administrator and selecting “Add new application”.  You
are then presented with a list of 137 types of applications you can integrate
with:

1Password
Duo Admin API
Duo Auth API
CAS
Cisco RADIUS VPN
etc.

If you select the CAS integration, you’ll receive en error (not authorized, I
believe) when trying to use the Duo preauth endpoint, which is what the CAS Duo
adapter uses:

https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/468d834242d8c027d4f2333bb7b4d1c99b645630/support/cas-server-support-duo-core/src/main/java/org/apereo/cas/adaptors/duo/authn/BaseDuoSecurityAuthenticationService.java#L170

When setting up the application at duo.com <http://duo.com/> if you instead
choose Duo Auth API, the preauth endpoint works correctly.  There are no user
configurable permissions that I’ve been able to find on Duo’s site, so this is
a backend thing that they will need to change.  I will be opening a ticket with
them to address this.

Here’s the Duo documentation for the preauth endpoint:

https://duo.com/docs/authapi#/preauth <https://duo.com/docs/authapi#/preauth>

Thanks again for all of the help!

Brian