Hi all,

I am trying to follow the CAS docs to configure a service to return jwt's
but not having much success.

Docs I am reading on this:

https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.2.x/installation/Configure-ServiceTicket-JWT.html

 https://apereo.github.io/2017/10/17/cas-jwt-authn-with-duo/ (JWT Service
Tickets portion)

My cas.properties has:

cas.authn.token.crypto.enabled=true
cas.authn.token.crypto.encryptionEnabled=true
cas.authn.token.crypto.signing.key=/etc/cas/config/token-signing.jwk
cas.authn.token.crypto.signing.keySize=512
cas.authn.token.crypto.encryption.key=/etc/cas/config/token-encryption.jwk
cas.authn.token.crypto.encryption.keySize=256
cas.authn.token.crypto.alg=AES

jwk's generated per docs:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apereo/cas/master/etc/jwk-gen.jar
java -jar jwk-gen.jar -t oct -s 512 >/etc/cas/config/token-signing.jwk
java -jar jwk-gen.jar -t oct -s 256 >/etc/cas/config/token-encryption.jwk

$ file /etc/cas/config/token*
/etc/cas/config/token-encryption.jwk: ASCII text
/etc/cas/config/token-signing.jwk: ASCII text

Using maven overlay, my pom.xml has the rest snippet:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
<artifactId>cas-server-support-token-tickets</artifactId>
<version>${cas.version}</version>
</dependency>

My service has the jwt as ticket property:

properties:
{
@class: java.util.LinkedHashMap
jwtAsServiceTicket:
{
@class: org.apereo.cas.services.DefaultRegisteredServiceProperty
values:
[
java.util.HashSet
[
"true"
]
]
}
}

In the CAS CLI I can generate a jwt that appears valid. But when I use my
service via web browser I see no header or cookie referencing a ticket with
JWT- prefix, nor a jwt formatted base64 string, I just see the normal ST-
ticket. I'm using a simple tomcat webapp wit cas client filters and
java-cas-client 3.5.0.

Anyone made JWT's work yet for cas 5.2.3?  Any idea what step I missed?

Thanks,
William