John,

I am running against a modified cas.properties that specific to my testing.
I did add cas.authn.oauth.grants.resourceOwner.requireServiceHeader=true to
this cas.properties. I proceeded to  do authentication using casuser. I
went the extra step of running the exact configuration and I did encounter
the same error message as posted above. It must be something with the
cas.properties. I'm going to see if I can find the issue.

2018-05-04 13:41:46,667 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.services.AbstractServicesManager] - <Adding registered
service [^(https?|imaps?):.*]>