On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 07:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
Sabrina Lanzotti <shd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m new to CAS but we managed to decompile the jar with the
> Jira44CasAuthenticator.java and saw that a Null pointer that it was
> giving us is supposedly from this class.
>
> We want to make a small change on it and re-create the jar file to test
> it, but when we create a java project we are missing several packages.
>
> Can you please tell us how can we make a compiling project to make changes
> on this class?

I'm not sure this is the "best practice", but if you can use Git and Maven,
you can try this:

Clone the java-cas-client repository:

  git clone https://github.com/apereo/java-cas-client/

then go into the Atlassian-related area:

  cd java-cas-client/cas-client-integration-atlassian/

make the desired changes in
src/main/java/org/jasig/cas/client/integration/atlassian/Jira44CasAuthenticator.java
 and re-build your .jar:

  mvn clean package

Maven should take care of all the needed dependency packaegs. If everything goes
OK, you will have a .jar in target/. Mine is
cas-client-integration-atlassian-3.5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Hope that helps,

Alberto