So, i'm trying to dig into this more.

I remember how this worked in 3.x.  It was just a giant xml file describing
state to state transitions.

It appears that somehow I need to one of these:

1) get aup webflow to recognize x509's presence and inject itself there
2) get x509 webflow to recognize aup's presence
3) create new x509 aup webflow when both are present

Now, on trying to understand Cas's usage of webflow.. i've read the blog
post https://apereo.github.io/2018/06/19/cas53webflow-extensions/

So how can i get a map of the existing transitions, so I know where i need
to inject a transition from x509check to aup instead of create ticket
granting ticket.