Hi all

I have question on configuring a complex scenario where I am protecting a
series of services with a CAS instance (5.2). I have two sets of users that
I want authenticated by CAS: a set I can authenticate via a database (using
a query database authenticator) and another set I can authenticate
delegating to an external SAML IdP (with a pac4J delegated authenticator).
Basically some users we manage ourselves, some other users are managed by a
different organisation with their own IdP. The application needs to provide
equal access to all users to protected services.

Once I define the two authenticators, the default CAS login page presents
the username/password boxes with the SAML IdP as an optional button to
click on.

I would like that the login screen behaves the following way: connections
from a designated IP address range are not presented the login but
redirected to an authentication request to the SAML IdP. And that
connections arriving from other addresses are presented the login screen
for username and password and not offered the option attempting the SAML
IdP.

Is there a parameter I can pass to the login screen to request an automatic
redirect to the delegated service under certain conditions? And similay, is
there an option to present a login where authentication is performed
against the database only? In my webapp I can detect the IP address before
presenting the CAS login screen to the users, but I am at loss how to
configure or drive CAS to adapt the login behaviour for these two cases.

I suspect I can hack the login page to do this, but this would be rather
crude. Is there a better option? Thanks for any suggestion you might have.