Hi all,

So I have this one application (PHP on Apache) that wants to write their
own CAS PHP client. Yeah a bad idea I know.

Anyway they they don't like mod_auth_cas because it takes auth out of the
application and delegates it to Apache? (My opinion is that this is the
least effort solution)

They don't like the PHP CAS client because it has a dependency on libcurl?
(Apparently ten years ago IT didn't allow libcurl to be installed? Not the
case today.)

This idea is going to ISO for approval, but in the meantime I could use all
the pros(?)/cons of this approach.

In the event this does get approved what are some behaviors I can monitor
on the CAS server side to minimize / test for issues? I know SLO will be a
big one as well as session timeout.

Thanks,

Bryan

University of Utah