Thanks, David. That's reassuring.

I have another question. If I need to force the Maven build to use a later
version of a library, how do I do it, given that I don't have control over
the transitive dependencies of the build?

For example, if I build CAS 5.3.4, the war file has
'spring-webmvc-pac4j-3.0.0.jar', but I would like it to bundle
'spring-webmvc-pac4j-3.0.6.jar' instead. For security or other reasons, the
later version of the library may be recommended, but it doesn't
automatically get bundled as part of the default build, even the very
latest one.

Regards,
Ganesh