This doesn't really answer your question (I don't know the answer), but
can't you just start CAS and let it generate the keys (they end up in
/etc/cas/saml), then stop CAS and copy the keys somewhere for
safekeeping/redistribution?

For our installation with multiple CAS servers behind a load balancer
that's what I did, and copied the keys into the Maven overlay's
etc/cas/saml directory. Then when I install everything, I end up with the
same keys (and metadata) on all the servers. And we've uploaded them to a
SAML SP here and there, as well. Seems to work fine, so far.

Or do you need to use keys generated/signed by your CA or something?

--Dave

--

DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
*DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*

71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
+1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu