That will take care of it for the service, which will solve your problem here.
However, the case of the username matches the case that the user entered it in
at that time. So if you have applications storing information based off of the
username attribute, and they are using a case sensitive way of looking them up
in say Oracle (which is case sensitive), they are brittle. Those applications
are dependent on the user entering their username in with matching case each
time. You can address that by globally setting some sort of consistency across
CAS. Of course any application in the current brittle mode will have problems,
but it's best to address them early. I've been bit by this in the past. You can
use the piece below to address differences in services. Either way, they
shouldn't be subject to the user's casing at that instance.

https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.2.x/installation/Configuration-Properties.html#ldap-password-encoding--principal-transformation