Hello!

We have been using CAS in our enterprise quite well. Various apps inside
our corporation use the CAS protocol to achieve SSO.

A vendor wants to integrate with us and they agree that CAS is the single
identity provider. But, they want Open ID Connect or SAML2, not CAS
protocol. It is true that using standards is better, CAS protocol is very
light-weight, but it is not an industry standard.

As far as I can tell, CAS4 and CAS5 does provide federated SSO (provided
that CAS is the only identity provider). Does that sound right?   If there
is one single identity provider, user does not authenticate against any
app., and app talks to CAS server.  It all sound Federated SSO to me.

In this particular context, I do not know what Open ID Connect or SAML2
will offer that CAS protocol does not, other than we would be using a
standard protocol but a lot more complicated.

Thx!
Yan