Hi,

I have implemented CAS 6.0.0 with succes so far.

I have difficulties with 'Throttling Authentication Attempts'

After doing connexion attempts with a wrong password, I am happy to see the
page "Too many attempts ...."
However I am NOT blocked. I can immediatly perform a succesfull connexion
with the correct password with the same browser on a new page.

##  extract of cas.properties ##
cas.authn.throttle.usernameParameter=
cas.authn.throttle.schedule.startDelay=PT10S
cas.authn.throttle.schedule.repeatInterval=PT120S
cas.authn.throttle.appCode=CAS
cas.authn.throttle.failure.threshold=30
cas.authn.throttle.failure.code=AUTHENTICATION_FAILED
cas.authn.throttle.failure.rangeSeconds=60

cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.rangeInSeconds=60
cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.capacity=120
cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.blocking=true
cas.authn.throttle.bucket4j.overdraft=0

## Logs ####
2019-04-05 18:33:28,139 ERROR
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.PolicyBasedAuthenticationManager] -
<Authentication has failed. Credentials may be incorrect or CAS cannot find
authentication handler that supports
[UsernamePasswordCredential(username=XXXXXXX, source=null)] of type
[UsernamePasswordCredential]. Examine the configuration to ensure a method
of authentication is defined and analyze CAS logs at DEBUG level to trace
the authentication event.>
2019-04-05 18:33:28,141 INFO
[org.apereo.inspektr.audit.support.Slf4jLoggingAuditTrailManager] - <Audit
trail record BEGIN
WHO: XXXXXXXXX
WHAT: Supplied credentials:
[UsernamePasswordCredential(username=XXXXXXXXXXX, source=null)]
ACTION: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Fri Apr 05 18:33:28 CEST 2019
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 92.170.234.118
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1

*2019-04-05 18:33:30,072 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.web.support.AbstractThrottledSubmissionHandlerInterceptorAdapter]

- <Throttling submission from [92.170.234.118]. More than [30] failed login
attempts within [60] seconds. Authentication attempt exceeds the failure
threshold [30]>*
2019-04-05 18:33:38,814 INFO
[org.apereo.inspektr.audit.support.Slf4jLoggingAuditTrailManager] - <Audit
trail record BEGIN
WHO: audit:unknown
WHAT: [event=success,timestamp=Fri Apr 05 18:33:38 CEST
2019,source=RankedMultifactorAuthenticationProviderWebflowEventResolver]
ACTION: AUTHENTICATION_EVENT_TRIGGERED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Fri Apr 05 18:33:38 CEST 2019
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 92.170.234.118
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1

  ==> Do you have ant suggestion how to have my IP (here 92.170.234.118)
blocked ?

Thks,
Rgds