I've got a demo cas instance which worked well using JSON service
registries, but I want to migrate the registry to DynamoDB (among other
things to deliver a HA solution.)

What's not entirely clear is how I convert the JSON files into objects that
can be put into the database.

I see there is an id field, which is a string.

I just need to know how a JSON file like below:

{
  "@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.RegexRegisteredService",
  "serviceId" : "http://localhost:8080/.*";,
  "name" : "Jenkins",
  "id" : 1,
  "attributeReleasePolicy" : {
    "@class" :
"org.apereo.cas.services.ReturnAllowedAttributeReleasePolicy",
    "allowedAttributes" : [ "java.util.ArrayList", [ "name", "email",
"groups" ] ]
  }
}

translates into an item in the dynamoDB table, so I can load in the
services.   I tried to see if loading the default service would cause it to
be persisted into dynamoDB, but the database stays empty although the
registry on cas shows one entry.

Using the management console wasn't much help, as it wasn't clear to me how
I create an object like the above (which also would not import).