Hi all,

I've been building/testing CAS v6.1.0 (HEAD), and was getting along fairly well
until I ran into an error with LPPE and the memcached ticket registry I'm using.

I am using 389 Directory server for LDAP authentication and have password
policy configured as follows:

# LDAP Password Policy Enforcement (LPPE) parameters
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.type=GENERIC
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.enabled=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.policyAttributes.accountLocked=javax.security.auth.login.AccountLockedException
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.loginFailures=6
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.warningAttributeValue=
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.warningAttributeName=
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.displayWarningOnMatch=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.warnAll=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.warningDays=30
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.accountStateHandlingEnabled=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].passwordPolicy.strategy=DEFAULT

I am using memcached (with AWS Elasticache support) and am using all of the
defaults (just setting cas.ticket.registry.memcached.servers to the
configuration endpoint node).

When I disable LPPE, everything works as expected--I can login, get a TGC, ST
validation works, etc). When I enable LPPE and set my password expiration date
to a threshold within 30 days, I get the expected "your password is about to
expire" page, with the green "Continue" button. When I click that, I'm
redirected to the CAS login page and the following errors appear in the log:

2019-04-29 01:10:22,684 ERROR
[org.apereo.cas.ticket.registry.MemcachedTicketRegistry] - <Failed adding
[TGT-1-*****ems91rmrGY-a1ab3d9633df]>
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException:
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Class is not registered:
org.apereo.cas.authentication.support.password.PasswordExpiringWarningMessageDescriptor
Note: To register this class use:
kryo.register(org.apereo.cas.authentication.support.password.PasswordExpiringWarningMessageDescriptor.class);

<...followed by big stack trace...>

Is there something I'm overlooking, or failed to add, in my config? Any
pointers appreciated!

Thanks,
--Gary

--