Hello,

I'm in need of some help in modifying my CAS server's authentication
process. In addition to the username/password check, I would like
authentication to fail if a user has expired. An expired user is identified
by a userExpiry column that stores date/time information, such that expired
= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP > userExpiry date/time.

I realize there is a CAS overlay property
( cas.authn.jdbc.query[0].fieldDisabled= ) that sort of does this, but I do
not currently have a Boolean column in the user table that can be used for
this purpose and implementing one is not feasible at this time.

I cam across this documentation (
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.0.x/installation/Configuring-Custom-Authentication.html#custom-authentication-strategies)

and have been working on implementing it.
However, I'm stuck on the following 2 issues:

   1. Which authentication handler would be the best one to extend in this
   case?
   2. How do I include the userExpiry column data from my database in my
   custom authentication handler?