Thank you for confirming that your /var mount point is rw. Also, since you
are running tomcat as root (definitely not recommended for PROD),
permissions should not be an issue. It sounds like you need to make sure
your configurations are all uniform. Specifically, that
your /etc/cas/config/log4j2-management.xml file exists, and contains the
correct path to /var/log/cas-management

Also, I noticed that your cas-management.properties file contains this line
twice (I don't know if that causes problems or not):

logging.config=file:/etc/cas/config/log4j2-management.xml