Hi all,

I tried to use the maxAgeDays config from CAS JDBC audit but failed in CAS
5.3.x / 6.0.x, which is listed here:

https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.0.x/configuration/Configuration-Properties.html#database-audits

I use maxAgeDays like this in my cas.yml:

   url: jdbc:mariadb://example.jdbc.com/place
   user: myuser
   password: mypassword
   driverClass: org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
   dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MariaDBDialect
   ddlAuto:
   cas.audit.jdbc.maxAgeDays: 1

And the database is as follows:

CREATE TABLE `COM_AUDIT_TRAIL` (
  `id` bigint(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `AUD_ACTION` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `APPLIC_CD` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `AUD_CLIENT_IP` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `AUD_DATE` datetime NOT NULL,
  `AUD_RESOURCE` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `AUD_SERVER_IP` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `AUD_USER` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
)

But the logs kept is more than 1 days, in fact it seems like it never
remove the audit logs in my DB.

I have no idea why this failed, so I looked into the code and found the
maxAgeDays  logic trace to this delete statement here:

https://github.com/apereo/inspektr/blob/inspektr-1.8.5.GA/inspektr-support-spring/src/main/java/org/apereo/inspektr/audit/support/JdbcAuditTrailManager.java#L461

where maxAgeDays is used as pass as the clean up parameter to make DELETE
FROM COM_AUDIT_TRAIL AUD_DATE > maxAgeDay

This all triggered inside the clean() function.

However, when I serach for the keyword clean(), I didn't find anywhere this
was being used, so my question is:

1. Does anybody make maxAgeDays workds before? If so can you share the
config?
2. If not, does anybody knows where does the clean() function, trigger? So
I can continue my debugging on why this doesn't work,

Thanks.

Cheers!
- Andy