Folks,

For various reason's I need to compile my own mod_auth_cas module for use in Apache. I also have my own builds of OpenSSL  within this toolchain.

I cannot for the life of me seem to get mod_auth_cas to use my external openssl libraries. I've done this many times before for other software components. I've tried all the tricks of setting OPENSSL_LIBS, CPPFLAGS, -ldl flag PKG_CONFIG_DIR etc etc that have worked in the past to no avail. No matter what I do it says it can find ssl.h, finds -lssl, finds -lcrypto BUT complains that it cannot find an link to OpenSSL and then builds with the systems default libraries as revealed by an "ldd" on the resulting mod_auth_so.c

Any thoughts.

Baseline configure is:

./configure --prefix=/opt/aa --with-apxs=/opt/aa/bin/apxs --with-apr=/opt/aa/bin/apr-1-config --with-openssl=/opt/aa

I've built the apache2 itself in this environment.

I've also tried old tricks like.

/configure OPENSSL_LIBS="-L/opt/aa/lib -lssl -lcrypto" OPENSSL_CFLAGS="-I/opt/aa/include"  --prefix=/opt/aa --with-apxs=/opt/aa/bin/apxs --with-apr=/opt/aa/bin/apr-1-config --with-openssl=/opt/aa

and as I said various variations of these themes.

Sincerely

Colin