I know this topic is five months old, but I wanted to add what I discovered
so that it will be here if someone else finds this in a search, like I did.

I have found that the documentation that shows the two properties' syntax
referenced is wrong, unsurprisingly. The values that worked for me in the
6.1.5 management web app are:

mgmt.versionControl.enabled=false
mgmt.delegated.enabled=false

However, even with version control disabled, the management app *still*
wants to put stuff in '/etc/cas/services-repo'. The following property
changes that:

mgmt.versionControl.servicesRepo=file:/path/to/services

Now the management app saves *new *services in the directory I want, but
doesn't show existing services. This whole version control thing is a real
pain.