Bryan,

I am just looking into cas management after a bit of a break from my first
frustrating attempt. My impression is that cas management is trying to leverage
the cas packages. The version of cas management must be the same as a source of
cas packages (I am working with 6.1.4-SNAPSHOT), but does not have to be the
same as the deployed cas ( it ca be older for sure). This also means that the
properties will be the same as those for cas.
I have not tried turning off version control for the services. First time I
tried, it was problematic. For the extra step of confirming changes to a
service, it is probably not worth the effort. Just create a writable directory
(or make the default writable) for the git repo and be done with it.
We store our services in ldap (so no file sync), but I am not that far along in
my config, maybe later this week or next.

Ray