Hi Parker,

What about changing the collation of your DB/TABLE/COLUMN to a case
insensitive (CI) one?

MYSQL seems to do that easily:

ALTER TABLE user_table MODIFY COLUMN username VARCHAR(…) CHARACTER SET UTF8
COLLATE UTF8_GENERAL_CI

MSSQL would be something like:

ALTER TABLE dbo.user_table

ALTER COLUMN username VARCHAR(...) COLLATE Latin1_General_100_CI_AI_SC_UTF8

In both case, just select the collation that fits your needs, a CI one for
*C*ase *I*nsensitive.

If using another DB, you should have the same feature available...

Pierre