As I alluded to your directly.

I would run a tcpdump on the Radius Host (as well as Ray's suggestion of ensuring you have no port blocks) and see if any packets are arriving to the Radius server period (e.g. tcpdump -i eth0 host <cas>)

As well confirm that your using the proper ports. Radius RFC's see Authentication running on 1812, but it can sometimes be on 1645. Confirm your client and server side ports match.

Also if your not using IP addresses be sure that your name services are resolving properly.

Colin