On Fri, 2021-03-05 at 11:20 -0800, Bill Scully wrote:
Does single logout trigger upon CAS session expiration? I would expect
not, but maybe there's a setting to flip that? Or maybe something else
is triggering single logout at two hours, and that is triggering
Canvas?

According to Instructure Support and my experience, yes.  Whatever I set to
cas.ticket.tgt.timeToKillInSeconds is how long the Canvas session lasts.  If I
set it to 8 hours, the Canvas session lasts 8 hours.

Then disable single logout on Canvas? I don't use single logout, but there
should be a variety of ways of doing so, even if it involves providing bogus
URLs that don't work to systems that insist on them.