Hi everybody,

I built an Apereo CAS demo server with a WAR overlay (with which
different services should be authenticated).  I have set up delegated
authentication with SAML2 (for integrating with italian SPID system).

I need to sign the certificate with an algorithm different than the
default SHA-1.

The Apereo CAS documentation
https://apereo.github.io/cas/development/integration/Delegate-Authentication-SAML.html
has the following parameter,
cas.authn.pac4j.saml[].signature-algorithms, which is a "Collection
of signing signature algorithms, if any, to override the global
defaults."  Its type is java.util.List<String>.

I think this should be the right parameter for choosing the algorithm,
but I don't understand what values I can set up there.  I tried
something like "sha256", "sha256WithRSAEncryption", or "SHA256withRSA"
but with no luck.

I always get the error

org.pac4j.saml.exceptions.SAMLException:
org.pac4j.saml.exceptions.SAMLException: Could not determine the signature
parameters
at
org.pac4j.saml.crypto.DefaultSignatureSigningParametersProvider.build(DefaultSignatureSigningParametersProvider.java:60)

Can anyone tell me what values are allowed for that parameter?

Thanks and regards,
Giacomo