Hi everyone,

I would like to expose you all a little idea of mine.

As far as I know, *CAS* does not provide any type of integration with graph based databases (no authentication methods like that are shown in the documentation). That is, I think it would be interesting to build an integration with the above mentioned database type using *Neo4j* [1]. In particular, the features that will be implemented are the following ones:

1. *User authentication*: users will be stored as nodes with all the
   needed info *(username, password ecc)* and CAS will check if the
   provided credentials are stored in one of these nodes;
    1. *Groups and roles *may be stored as nodes as well: an edge
       between a User and a Group/Role states that the user belongs to
       that group/role;
2. *Service registry*: services will be stored as nodes with all the
   needed info *(serviceId, policies ecc)*
    1. Users and Groups and Roles may be connected to the Services with
       an Edge: users directly connected to the services may access
       those ones (same thing applies for the users belonging to Groups
       and Roles connected to the service

What do you think about it? Would it be interesting and, most importantly, useful?

*[1] https://neo4j.com/ <https://neo4j.com/>
*

Best regards,

Cristian Capozucco

*Dott. Magistrale Cristian Capozucco*

Software Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale Vittoria Colonna, 97 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
www.tirasa.net <https://www.tirasa.net>

"Without requirements and design,
programming is the art