Hi John,

It will use Ajax for frontend call, see
this:
https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/master/support/cas-server-support-thymeleaf/src/main/resources/templates/logout/casPropagateLogoutView.html

Note that, due to the recent 3rd party cookie blocking enforced in some of
the popular browser, CAS frontend login mechanism have become unreliable if
the service do not sure the same domain.

I think either use some custom login for logout, or use backend logout is
needed if you need cross domain logout (e.g. CAS in www.example1.com,
service in www.example2.com).

Cheers!
- Andy