I have a custom MFA in which I need to update the Principal upon successful
authentication. Once the authentication is complete I have the following
return statement where "alternate" a different username that the one who
logged in.

return createHandlerResult(
        credential, this.principalFactory.createPrincipal(alternate), new
ArrayList<>(0));

In the logs I can see the Authenticated principal with the correct username
which I set in the MFA handler. But the Principal reverts back to the
original username for the action "TICKET_GRANTING_TICKET_CREATED".

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong with this. Any help would be appreciated.