Is SAML 1 still in issue with CAS Shib (v6.3.x)?

Also, current standalone shib is at /idp-security/
I would like to use the out of the box shib instead. Is there any way to
change the cas  shib from /auth/idp to /idp-security so that I don't have
to ask my SAML clients to change? Or do I need a URL rewrite on the apache
end? I suppose I need the rewrite since cas is running on /auth context.

-psv