We recently had an issue with a service provider generating errors for an
unauthorized service that we could not identify.
When performing SSO if there was no established session on cas the user
could successfully authenticate and the SSO flow would successfully
complete for the SP. However if there was already an established cas
session i.e. the user already logging into a different SP, when attempting
SSO for the initial SP it generates the unauthorized service error.

In both cases the flow is started using SP initiated using the exact same
url.

There were no errors/warnings in the cas logs to give any indication as to
what was at fault, it wasn't until we enabled debug logging that we found
the following.

Resolved [org.apereo.cas.support.saml.SamlException: Assertion consumer
service [https://xxxxxxxxxxx/saml2/auth/login] cannot be located in
metadata [[https://xxxxxxxxx/employee/saml2/post]]] to ModelAndView
[view="casServiceErrorView";
model={rootCauseException=org.apereo.cas.services.UnauthorizedServiceException:
}]

Using this we identified that the consumer url in the saml request did not
match the consumer url in the metadata and we were able to workaround the
issue.

What we cannot identify is

   1. Why is the behavior different based on existing/new session
   2. Why is this not logged anywhere as an error? Using debug logging to
   find this is not practical

Cas Version: 6.3.5
Assumed location of original error: SamlIdpUtils#207