Hi everyone,

I am facing an issue when trying to create a config file hierarchy for cas.

I am using something like the below arguments in the run line of cas
--spring.config.location=conf/cas_base.properties,conf/cas_custom.properties

so as to be able to have some hierarchy of configs based on some
environment specific preferences.

I have noticed that if I set for example logging.level.org.apereo.cas=DEBUG
in the file cas_base.properties and no logging.level.org.apereo.cas is set
to cas_custom.properties, it is read from cas and I can see the logs in
debug mode, as expected.

However, if I set cas.authn.pac4j.saml[0].clientName in cas_base.properties
and not in cas_custom.properties, then the app does not read it and I
cannot get redirected to the identity provider I wish (OKTA).

Is there any differences between the different type of configs that
prevents them from being able to work with a hierarchy type of config file
reading?

The CAS version I am using is 5.2.9

Thanks,
Ria