Hello Ben,

I am also interested in the login by badge mechanism, I am exploring if
this feature would help SEN students easier access.

It is true that the major issue with your implementation is the security
concern, making it a CAS module definitely helps with the security concern.

Another implementation issue would be how the QR code generating mechanism
be implemented, since the QR code that need to be distributed to the SEN
students need to be generated somewhere.

Cheers!
Andy