Works fine for us on 6.6.4, using something below

    message = "Test message";
    redirect_to = [link1: ""];
    block = false;
    sso_enabled = true;
    interrupt_flow = false;

    if (interrupt_enabled) {
        if (registeredService) {
            svc_id = 0;
            if (registeredService.containsKey('id')) {
                svc_id = registeredService.id.intValue();
            }
            svc_list = [106, 108];
            url1 = "https://url......";;
            url2 =  "https://url......";;
            url3 =  "https://url......";;

            if
(authentication.principal.attributes.containsKey('eduPersonAffiliation')) {
                edu_affiliation =
principal.attributes.eduPersonAffiliation.join(", ");
                profile_list = ["faculty", "staff", "student"];
                if (profile_list.contains(edu_affiliation)) {
                    if (svc_list.contains(svc_id)) {
                        interrupt_flow = true;
                        if (svc_id == 106) {
                            redirect_to = [link1: url1];
                        }
                        if (svc_id == 108) {
                            redirect_to = [link1: url2];
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    return new InterruptResponse(message: message, links: redirect_to,
block: block, ssoEnabled: sso_enabled, interrupt: interrupt_flow,
autoRedirect: true)