Andrew,

Tomcat has an access log, localhost_access_log.DATE.txt. Any problems should be
in catalina.out.

Ray

On Thu, 2023-08-03 at 14:08 -0400, Andrew Tillinghast wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email
system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

We're going to be moving from cas 5.1.5 to cas 7 and I'm starting with cas 7
vanilla to get used to the new changes and using gradle for overlay instead of
maven.

I started a project with the Initializr and I'm deploying to Apache Tomcat 9. I
made the logging change as per
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.6.x/installation/Configuring-Servlet-Container-External.html
 and did gradle build form the command line. copied the cas.war from build/lib
and the tomcat logs show that cas deployed (I can browse through and see my
changes) but when I try localhost:8080/cas or localhost:8080/cas/login I'm just
getting a 404 error message and there is no cas.log file on the system.

I looked and the log4j2.xml in the /etc/cas/config and I changed the base.dir
value to /var/log/tomcat restarted tomcat and no change still 404 and no cas.log

I'm not sure if I'm missing something with gradle or the changes to cas, if
someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

--
[http://www.conncoll.edu/media/website-media/is/images/ETS-logo.png]
Andrew Tillinghast