HI there,

I have CAS delegated authN via SAML working. But I have trouble getting a
much simpler flow to work.

I would like CAS to act as a SAML2 ServiceProvider, it accepts a HTTP POST
with SAML Response (user is already authenticated by another Idp such as
Okta, which Posts SAML response to CAS), after validation, it gets the URL
defined  in RelayState or ACS, and redirect browser to that URL.

Much like Idp initiated SSO flow, in this case, the initiating IdP is some
other app such as Okta, user is already in Okta portal, he sets up a SAML
2.0 integration in Okta,  with SSO Url points to CAS endpoint, and
relayState or ACS has the URL to be launched (e.g., points to another app
protected by CAS).

I have trouble getting this work,  With CAS SSO profiles, they all assume
CAS is the IdP, and therefore, accepts only AuthnRequest. This sounds a lot
simpler than delegated AuthN, but I cannot get it to work.

Here is what I am thinking,

CAS is a Spring Boot app, which can act as SAML2 SP, that requires the
Spring dependency,  spring-security-saml2-service-provider, which is Not
included in CAS by default. Is this something I need to do to get what I
want to work? In other words, CAS is always intended to be IdP, to be an SP
like an app., we need to do something different.

An alternative is to have Okta points SSO Url to the App, but that is not
what I am looking for in this flow. The App does Not understand SAML, it
uses CAS for authN. I want CAS to be the SP, and then some mechanism to
redirect to the App after CAS session is created.

Thanks,
Yan