Hello

We 've been using CAS 6.6 with no problems as an IdP for multiple protocols
(CAS, OIDC, SAML) while using Shibboleth for federated SAML services. We
are using a MariaDB as our service definition data store.

We are investigating the possibility of migrating federated SAML services
to CAS as well.

There are a lot of quite helpful references on the fawnoos blog site such
as this <https://fawnoos.com/2019/01/18/cas61-saml2-idp-incommon/> and this
<https://fawnoos.com/2021/03/02/cas64-saml2-metadata-caching/>.

Our main problem is the following: We need to setup *multiple *federated
metadata providers. More specifically:

   - eduGAIN
   - InCommon
   - HEAL-Link
   - Our own NRN federation

>From my understanding, the usual way to handle federated SAML services is
to setup a serviceId with a general regular expression and a very large
evaluation order as described in the InCommon blog post
<https://fawnoos.com/2019/01/18/cas61-saml2-idp-incommon/>. Yet I am not
sure how someone could configure *multiple* different metadata providers at
the same time since the described setup will work if you only have one
federated metadata URL (and one corresponding service definition with a
general regex for the serviceId).

Has anyone configured such a setup or is aware of how we might proceed in
such a case?

Thanks a lot