Mohamed,

Some of the endpoints are built into spring [1], some are custom to cas. Most 
of the endpoints have restricted access by default.
In most [all] cases you will need two properties per endpoint:

management.enpoints.web.exposure.include=*
# these two will allow access to many, but not all, endpoints
management.endpoints.access.default=UNRESTRICTED
cas.monitor.endpoints.endpoint.defaults.access=ANONYMOUS
# for specific endpoint access
management.endpoint.registeredServices.access=UNRESTRICTED
cas.monitor.endpoints.endpoint.registeredServices.access=ANONYMOUS

If you want authenticated access, set these properties [2]:
spring.security.user.name=
spring.security.user.password=

Unfortunately, the spring security approach means all admins use the same login 
/:(

I also have this import. Docs suggest that it is for statistics, but maybe it 
has an effect:

    implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-metrics"

Ray
[1] https://apereo.github.io/cas/7.3.x/monitoring/Monitoring-Statistics.html
[2] 
https://apereo.github.io/cas/7.3.x/installation/Admin-Dashboard.html#springsecurityusernamePropertyConfig

________________________________
From: Mohamed Iheb JEMAI <[email protected]>
Sent: May 9, 2026 05:19
To: CAS Community <[email protected]>
Cc: Ray Bon <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cas-user] CAS 7.3.5 Migration - 403 Forbidden when accessing 
service registry

You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is 
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>


Hi Ray,

Thank you for your help.

I added:

implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-reports"

I also tried setting all endpoint access to anonymous, but CAS failed to start 
with:

No enum constant org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.Access.ANONYMOUS

Then I switched to:

management.endpoint.health.access=unrestricted 
management.endpoint.info.access=unrestricted 
management.endpoint.registeredServices.access=unrestricted 
management.endpoints.web.exposure.include=*

and removed/commented old:

cas.monitor.endpoints.endpoint.*

properties.

CAS now starts correctly, but I still receive the CAS “Access Denied” page when 
accessing:

/cas/actuator/registeredServices

Could you please share a working configuration example for CAS 7.3.5?

Thank you.

Le mercredi 6 mai 2026 à 01:43:29 UTC+1, Ray Bon a écrit :
Mohamed,

This one,

implementation "org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-reports"

If you can, set all  endpoint access to ANONYMOUS or UNRESTRICTED, until it is 
working as expected.

Ray
________________________________
From: Mohamed Iheb JEMAI <[email protected]>
Sent: May 5, 2026 16:04
To: CAS Community <[email protected]>
Cc: Ray Bon <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [cas-user] CAS 7.3.5 Migration - 403 Forbidden when accessing 
service registry

You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is 
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your reply.

I added the new properties and exposed the endpoint, but I still have the same 
issue with /cas/actuator/registeredServices and I continue getting an access 
denied / 403 page.

Here is my current configuration:

management.endpoint.health.access=unrestricted
management.endpoint.info.access=read-only
management.endpoint.registeredServices.access=ANONYMOUS

management.endpoints.web.exposure.include=health,info,registeredServices

I also tested with:

cas.monitor.endpoints.endpoint.health.access=ANONYMOUS
cas.monitor.endpoints.endpoint.info.access=AUTHENTICATED

but the problem remains the same.

The endpoint is exposed, however accessing:

/cas/actuator/registeredServices

still redirects to the CAS access denied page.

Do I also need an additional module/dependency or a specific Spring Security 
configuration in CAS 7.3.5 for this endpoint?

Thank you.
[cas1.JPG]
[cas2.JPG]


Le lundi 4 mai 2026 à 20:03:06 UTC+2, Ray Bon a écrit :
Mohamed,

You may need to add

management.endpoint.registeredServices.access=

There was a property naming change, 
https://apereo.github.io/cas/7.2.x/release_notes/RC2.html#actuator-endpoints

You can see it by expanding the GET description of registeredServices and 
clicking on the book icon, then select the Configuration tab, 
https://apereo.github.io/cas/7.3.x/services/Service-Management.html

Ray
________________________________
From: [email protected] <[email protected]> on behalf of Mohamed Iheb JEMAI 
<[email protected]>
Sent: May 4, 2026 01:27
To: CAS Community <[email protected]>
Subject: [cas-user] CAS 7.3.5 Migration - 403 Forbidden when accessing service 
registry

You don't often get email from [email protected]. Learn why this is 
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
Hello,

I’m currently migrating a CAS server from version 6.6.15 to 7.3.5.

In CAS 6.6.15, we were using actuator endpoints to:
- list registered services via:
  /cas/actuator/registeredServices
- import services via:
  POST /cas/actuator/registeredServices/import

This was working fine with basic properties configuration.

After upgrading to CAS 7.3.5, I’m facing a consistent HTTP 403 (Forbidden) on:
  /cas/actuator/registeredServices

Context:
- Spring Boot 3 / Spring Security 6
- Using basic auth with:
  spring.security.user.name<http://spring.security.user.name/>
  spring.security.user.password
  spring.security.user.roles=ACTUATOR

Configuration includes:
- management.endpoints.web.exposure.include=*
- cas.monitor.endpoints.endpoint.defaults.access=PERMIT
- cas.monitor.endpoints.endpoint.registeredServices.access=PERMIT

Despite that:
- Browser access → 403
- curl with -u → 403

Questions:
1. Is access to /actuator/registeredServices now restricted by default in CAS 7?
2. Is additional Spring Security configuration required (beyond properties)?
3. Is the import endpoint still supported in CAS 7.3.5?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/731049ff-becd-42ed-bcc5-6ae5cff88b83n%40apereo.org<https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/731049ff-becd-42ed-bcc5-6ae5cff88b83n%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/YQBP288MB008139051DFDE73C912EF8E6CE382%40YQBP288MB0081.CANP288.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Reply via email to