Hi,

     I've inherited an old CAS 6.1.5 clustered pair running on RHEL 7 that 
we've been trying to upgrade. It's been a bit of a journey.

     As RHEL 7 is out of support, the first thing we tried was upgrading 
the OS to RHEL 8 and seeing what CAS would do. As it turned out, it wasn't 
too difficult to get CAS "working"--catalina.out looks great--but we found 
that the only service vital to support was failing to authenticate. We 
weren't able to make that work. I'm not sure why.

     (For what it's worth, the service failing to authenticate is our 
legacy Banner system. When I try to connect, the UI tells me authentication 
failed.)

     After some false starts, my boss said, "Let's go to a higher version 
of CAS on a  single node with a newer OS." Which makes sense, but I get the 
impression from the documentation that going from 6.x to 7.x is a major 
lift. I'm sure some of you have had to do that in the distant past. What 
was it like for you?

Thanks,

     John A

     

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/372ee92f-8bc1-427c-836e-0fb30a000d5dn%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to