We are still deploying and moving towards launch. At the moment we do
*not* have a cluster running. That is slated for phase 2 of the process,
and is the first feature to be added once the single node install is
working correctly.

I have redeployed, and modified the servers.xml file for tomcat to no
longer listen on 8080, 8443, or 443, and to no longer list 443 as the
secure port for 80. This was actually something I had done a while back
that had not been applied to this environment yet.

So far, so good -- no crashes yet. *knocks on wood*

Jeff

Corey Scholefield wrote:
> As far as having the F5 front the CAS servers (assuming a CAS cluster of
> 2 in your stack?) and perform the SSL termination, I gather that this is
> a common way to offer the CAS service.
>
> As CAS newbies, we are just building out our CAS deployment here, with
> an SSL-offload configuration with our F5 much like you describe.  I'd be
> interested in hearing that this is indeed a common approach....
>
> thanks!
>
> Corey S.
>
> Corey Scholefield
> Identity & Access Mgmt. Team Lead
> UVic Online | University Systems
> University of Victoria | Victoria, BC, Canada
> cor...@uvic.ca | +1.250.472.4549
>
> Jeff Chapin wrote:
> Offloading. We have a BigIP F5 that is accepting the SSL connections,
> stripping off the SSL portion, and forwarding to port 80 on the CAS box.
>
> I will double check the config on the test box to make sure that all
> SSL ports are closed on that machine.
>
> Thanks!

- --
Jeff Chapin,
Assistant Systems/Applications Administrator
ITS-IS, University of Northern Iowa
Phone: 319-273-3162 Email: jeff.cha...@uni.edu