Can you open a JIRA issue for this?  Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Li <bill.z...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:36:38
To: <cas-user@lists.jasig.org>
Subject: [cas-user] Encoding when parsing validation response should be
configurable in CAS client (3.1.10)

I need pass attributes in Chinese from CAS to my own CAS protected app.

By following http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/Internationalizationto
set encoding as utf-8. However here is the problem.

*
org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractCasProtocolUrlBasedTicketValidator.retrieveResponseFromServer
* will call *org.jasig.cas.client.util.getResponseFromServer* to get
response string. Current implementation will take default charset to
construct InputStreamReader. See following:

  *final BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()));*

This will cause problem when the CAS protected app runs in a system with non
UTF-8 charset, like my case. If we change it to:

* final BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream(), "UTF-8"));*

This will fix the problem. My tests proved this.

Is my understanding correct? If yes, can this be fixed in next client
release? I also suggest enforce a consistent encoding for CAS like many
other protocol does.

--
Bill Li(李保存)
http://BaliOnWeb.com