Dean,

No, not trying to do this across domains.  Solaris does have a 'domainname'
command, however, which in this case returns empty -- maybe that's a
problem?  Also, the 'hostname' command just returns an unqualified hostname
-- also maybe an issue?  Still trying to wrap my head around how all the
pieces fit together... :-)

When you test your keytab, what command do you use specifically?  The user
manual seems to indicate that any domain user would be acceptable:

kinit a_user_in_the_re...@your.realm.here
klist

Like I said, I tried a couple different variations that involved the SPN and
the linked principal listed in the keytab; do you have a recommendation for
testing with kinit?  As far as tracking down exactly what's going wrong when
I get that "client not found" error, I'm having the AD admins look to see
what's getting logged on their side.

Thanks! - Bill

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Dean Heisey <deanh...@noa.nintendo.com>wrote:

> Bill,
>
> When you get this error: "kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database
> while getting initial credentials".  for your SPN, your KDC is trying to
> tell you that it couldnt find your SPN in the Kerberos Database, in this
> case AD.  That tells me that there is something wrong with the AD user/SPN
> mapping.  Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me EXACTLY whats wrong.
>
> You arent attempting to go across domains when running this are  you?

Bill Markmann

Counterpoint Consulting, Inc.
(p) 571-338-2455
(f) 202-403-3425