I am working with a developer of a client application, and we are having
trouble getting his application CASified.

Currently when you try to log in, IE and Firefox eventually time out in
with an 'endless redirect' type error.

I am seeing the following in my cas logs:

2010-05-04 13:16:11,379 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.CentralAuthenticationServiceImpl] - <Granted service
ticket [ST-1741-eYWMbUfRxbigaMYJlZEf-prodcasas1.admin.uni.edu] for
service [https://access.uni.edu/cgi-bin/tmp/accessCasAuthTest1.cgi] for u
ser [chapinj]>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,384 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <checking account
status-->
2010-05-04 13:16:11,384 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <Not a login
attempt, skipping PasswordWarnCheck>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,491 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.CentralAuthenticationServiceImpl] - <Granted service
ticket [ST-1742-PRu5ZdexBJM2MXmQuAux-prodcasas1.admin.uni.edu] for
service [https://access.uni.edu/cgi-bin/tmp/accessCasAuthTest1.cgi] for u
ser [chapinj]>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,497 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <checking account
status-->
2010-05-04 13:16:11,497 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <Not a login
attempt, skipping PasswordWarnCheck>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,644 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.CentralAuthenticationServiceImpl] - <Granted service
ticket [ST-1743-DaeSa2nPyMrH3ubHsu2d-prodcasas1.admin.uni.edu] for
service [https://access.uni.edu/cgi-bin/tmp/accessCasAuthTest1.cgi] for u
ser [chapinj]>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,650 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <checking account
status-->
2010-05-04 13:16:11,650 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <Not a login
attempt, skipping PasswordWarnCheck>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,775 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.CentralAuthenticationServiceImpl] - <Granted service
ticket [ST-1744-IdPtQBfY53CRhywfvfIf-prodcasas1.admin.uni.edu] for
service [https://access.uni.edu/cgi-bin/tmp/accessCasAuthTest1.cgi] for u
ser [chapinj]>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,797 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <checking account
status-->
2010-05-04 13:16:11,797 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.web.flow.PasswordWarningCheckAction] - <Not a login
attempt, skipping PasswordWarnCheck>
2010-05-04 13:16:11,925 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.CentralAuthenticationServiceImpl] - <Granted service
ticket [ST-1745-rdvkmfBYMSNvKD7dkeYo-prodcasas1.admin.uni.edu] for
service [https://access.uni.edu/cgi-bin/tmp/accessCasAuthTest1.cgi] for u
ser [chapinj]>

Eventually, I see the tickets expiring and being cleaned up.

My suspicion is that the application is not redeeming the service
ticket, and is instead requesting a new service ticket endlessly.

Both the CAS server and the client code were working on different hosts
(i.e. I moved the cas server from casstage.example.edu to
cas.example.edu, and the apps from appstage.example.edu to
apps.example.edu), and this code previously made the change from
dev->test and test-> stage with no trouble.

Any ideas what is wrong, or why this is occurring?

Thanks,

Jeff

- --
Jeff Chapin,
Assistant Systems/Applications Administrator
ITS-IS, University of Northern Iowa
Phone: 319-273-3162 Email: jeff.cha...@uni.edu