Marvin, I'm referring to the wiki page you referenced at
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/Clustering+CAS and the section
"Guaranteeing Ticket Uniqueness" ...it seems like I should be able to
include the cas.properties in my maven overlay and update the value here
instead of creating a new file and adding it to the placeholderConfig bean.

Curtis

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Marvin Addison <marvin.addi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > do you mean the host.name in the cas.properties file?
>
> Yes.  I was citing from memory, which is clearly hazy.
>
> > It looked like
> > the documentation wanted you to create a whole new properties file and
> such
> > (even for cas 3.3.5).
>
> What documentation are you referring to?
>
> > Isn't it as easy as editing the default value of the
> > host.name property already defined?
>
> For ensuring ticket ID uniqueness, that should suffice.
>
> > Also, am I correct in assuming that that
> > value really could be any unique string and that it doesn't actually have
> > be a server name?
>
> No.  The host.name property is used in at least a couple of places and
> should be the valid FQDN of the server.

> curt.gar...@gmail.com

Curtis Garman
Web Programmer