Greetings,

I am trying to migrate to CAS 3.4.10 but am hitting a strange problem.
I utilized the Maven WAR Overlay method. A previously working
installation is now taking CNFE during startup:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'authenticationManager' defined in
ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Cannot
create inner bean
'org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver#46cb46cb'
of type
[org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver]
while setting bean property 'credentialsToPrincipalResolvers' with key
[1]; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name
'org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver#46cb46cb'
defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed;
nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class
[org.jasig.cas.authentication.principal.UsernamePasswordCredentialsToPrincipalResolver]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.jasig.services.persondir.support.StubPersonAttributeDao
[.....]
org.jasig.services.persondir.support.StubPersonAttributeDao
        at
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.<init>(ClassNotFoundException.java:77)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1557)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1523)
        ... 51 more

WEB-INF/deployerConfigContext.xml

  <bean id="attributeRepository"
class="org.jasig.services.persondir.support.StubPersonAttributeDao">
    <property name="backingMap">
      <map>
        <entry key="uid" value="uid"/>
        <entry key="eduPersonAffiliation" value="eduPersonAffiliation"/>
        <entry key="groupMembership" value="groupMembership"/>
      </map>
    </property>
  </bean>

Even with the above xml commented out, I still take the same error. I added

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.jasig.service</groupId>
      <artifactId>person-directory-impl</artifactId>
      <version>1.5.0-RC6</version>
    </dependency>

to my overlay pom.xml, but that still does not resolve the CNFE error.
I take the CNFE even when I comment out the attributeRepository bean
from deployerConfigContext.xml (the This is quite perplexing. Any
assistance is appreciated..

-Jesse