From: Scott Battaglia
<scott.battag...@gmail.com<mailto:scott.battag...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:16:19 -0400
To: "cas-user@lists.jasig.org<mailto:cas-user@lists.jasig.org>"
<cas-user@lists.jasig.org<mailto:cas-user@lists.jasig.org>>
Subject: Re: [cas-user] CAS 3.4.2 with SAML 1.1

Which log file are you looking in?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 2:19 PM, William Holloway
<william.hollo...@nyumc.org<mailto:william.hollo...@nyumc.org>> wrote:
Greetings all,

We've been using CAS 3.4.2 happily for some time for many apps using CAS2.0
protocol and for GoogleApps. We've recently had a request from a vendor to use
the SAML 1.1 protocol for a service they provide. It appears that the ticket is
getting created but we're having an issue on the ticket validation. In the
logs, I see the following:

DEBUG [org.jasig.services.persondir.support.ldap.LdapPersonAttributeDao] -
Generated query builder '(sAMAccountName=validuser01)' from query Map
{username=[validuser01]}.
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistry] - Added ticket
[TGT-1-9qqLpz5DzzCc4Tre3fzSApXhHMzT3zizuTojcdV5HXaW4RXDlA-cas] to registry.
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.CookieRetrievingCookieGenerator] - Removed
cookie with name [CASPRIVACY]
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.CookieRetrievingCookieGenerator] - Added
cookie with name [CASTGC] and value
[TGT-1-9qqLpz5DzzCc4Tre3fzSApXhHMzT3zizuTojcdV5HXaW4RXDlA-cas]
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistry] - Attempting to
retrieve ticket [TGT-1-9qqLpz5DzzCc4Tre3fzSApXhHMzT3zizuTojcdV5HXaW4RXDlA-cas]
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.DefaultTicketRegistry] - Ticket
[TGT-1-9qqLpz5DzzCc4Tre3fzSApXhHMzT3zizuTojcdV5HXaW4RXDlA-cas] found in
registry.
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.CasArgumentExtractor] - Extractor did not
generate service.
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.SamlArgumentExtractor] - Extractor generated
service for: http://localhost:8080/sandbox/blarg
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.CasArgumentExtractor] - Extractor did not
generate service.
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.SamlArgumentExtractor] - Extractor did not
generate service.
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.CasArgumentExtractor] - Extractor did not
generate service.
DEBUG [org.jasig.cas.web.support.SamlArgumentExtractor] - Extractor did not
generate service.

The end result is a "CAS unavailable" error screen on the front end and no
ERROR level log entries in log file. I have the logging level cranked to DEBUG
for just about everything. Any suggestions on how to get more information about
what's falling apart here?

Best regards,
Bill
--
You are currently subscribed to
cas-user@lists.jasig.org<mailto:cas-user@lists.jasig.org> as:
scott.battag...@gmail.com<mailto:scott.battag...@gmail.com>

You are currently subscribed to
cas-user@lists.jasig.org<mailto:cas-user@lists.jasig.org> as:
william.hollo...@nyumc.org<mailto:william.hollo...@nyumc.org>

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the
original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability