> seems that single sign off is  supported for versions 3.1.x and above, am i
> right?.

I don't recall the exact version where we introduced sign out, but I'd
argue that's irrelevant.  If you're considering upgrading, it should
be to the most recent production version, 3.4.11.

> If so, I would like to know what will be the easiest way to upgrade cas

Upgrades are dramatically facilitated if you are using the Maven WAR
overlay process to manage your configuration; see
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Best+Practice+-+Setting+Up+CAS+Locally+using+the+Maven2+WAR+Overlay+Method
for more information.